Monday, July 17, 2006

Super D

Not that I didn't already know this, but I just can't burn the ol' candle like I used to. I'm too damn old and tired and my kid is still scared of monsters coming out of the back yard.

Friday we drove to the land of mormons, Jello salad and popular phrases such as "Oh my heck!"

The trip was great. We saw the Supersuckers play some new songs and I got to give Eddie Spaghetti a copy of our song "Spot the Bunny" which is an ode to Eddie.

I'm making quite a name for myself in and around Salt Lake City as a psycho girl in that the owner of the record store Laurena and I visited last October remembered me. "Oh, yeah, you'r that girl that was in my store last time Eddie was here. You're from Colorado," he said.

I didn't remember him at all. I don't know that I even talked to him, but I have been known to harass the 'Suckers' record guy a whole bunch. He knows me ... and I think he's a little scared of me.

But no restraining order yet so that's cool.

Of course, the lightlight of the evening was seeing Social Distortion.

Mike Ness is a very stylized guy ... all tucked in and wearing his pseduo '50s gas-station attendant garb. Plus he makes these persed-lips faces that I found very interesting.

The crowd was ripe with freaks. It's like the oppression of the church causes those that need to rebel turn into complete fringe people. I saw so many bouffanted, sleeved girls wearing corsets and black dickies that I felt like a kindergarten teacher in my black skirt and the skull t-shirt I got at Target in Reno.

So many young people with so many tattoos. It's a lifetime commitment and the important thing to remember is that tattoos age right along with the rest of you ... and this from a girl with tattoos.

Other than the agro assholes that feel that the floor in front of the stage should be their personal space to engage in all of the aggresstive homoerotic touching that they can muster, it was a great show.

No comments: