Monday, July 10, 2006

Catching up

I was all excited about getting back to my regular postings here, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men ...

What my enthusiasm hadn't taken into account was that I'd have a week's worth of stuff piled on my desk that needed attention AND .... and ... I have a doctor's appointment at 2 this afternoon.

And not just any doctor's appointment, nope, I've got to see the, uh, woman's doctor.

Please save me. I'd rather stay at work and actually work than go to see the gynecologist, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

So, for now, I'll leave you with this:

Robin's quickly figured out way to remove pizza grease from a "Build-a-Bear" doggie guy

1. Once it is discovered that the newly acquired, most-favorite, new stuffed doggie guy has prostrated itself in a pool of pizza grease, first thing is to yell at the child-owner of the doggie guy.

2. Then make child feel guilty for not taking better care of the new doggie guy.

3. Snatch doggie guy from child and rush to bathroom.

4. Douse afflicted area with talcum powder and fluff lightly.

5. Shake excess powder from fur. (Give an extra shake — just to make you feel better.)

6. Rub gently with very dry, damp washcloth.

7. Then rub violently until stain is gone and/or frustration is alleviated.

8. Toss dog nonchalantly back to kid who will likely squeal with delight over the freshly cleaned doggie schnozola and maybe even comment on how good it smells.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dog story is hilarious. I saw you walking by just now with a spring in your step and you wear wearing high heeled sandals. So either that is your way of disguising your agony, or the woman doctor wasn't so bad.

Rivetergirl said...

Hey ... no fair posting an anonymous comment.

And, it's both, disguising my agony and the woman's doctor wasn't so bad. I have a really good doctor who not only is a pleasant person but he knows not to linger.