Friday, July 21, 2006

The Beat goes on ...

Picture this, if you will:

It's 1986. My best friend, Jen, and I are driving around in her car, a Fiat Bertone:We were blaring the cassette in the tape deck and thought we were cool shit in our pegged jeans with the tails of our button-ups hanging out the bottom of our sweaters. I had stupid hair and an equally stupid view of the world, but I had one thing right. The band that was blaring through those Fiat speakers kicked ass. I remember thinking I was so cool because I knew the words to say many of their songs.
And tonight Riveter will be opening for them ... the English Beat.

The Beat were here in January and Bill's band opened for them. We got to hang out with the guys which ... really, is so cool. So, I'm looking forward to that and we get to play again.

It doesn't matter what is ailing me, but playing music is my best medicine. Tonight is going to be a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»