Thursday, July 06, 2006

Y is for yoga

So here we sat last night when Margaret asks, "Do you think Gramma has a yoga book?"

I wasn't really paying much attention and suggested she ask Gramma. Moments later my dad is going through their collection of video tapes.

At the far back of their cabinet, my dad pulled out an instructional video on yoga which he put on in their bedroom.

Ten minutes later, I went to see what was up.

Yoga was up. My 6-year-old kid was doing yoga -- all by herself.

She never asked for an audience or help or anything.

She just did yoga, a whole videotape of yoga.

Bill and I started doing yoga over a year ago, but we mostly do that at the gym or while she's sleeping.

We have done a little bit of yoga with her,but she never really seemed interested.

It was quite a spectacle to walk into my parent's bedroom to see my little kid doing Warrior C and Downward Facing Dog.

The phrase "she never ceases to amaze me" is true so often, amazement is a standard state for me.

1 comment:

Joaquim Amândio Santos said...

greatings from Portugal!!!


Hello and looking forward to chat with you!