Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Grand Valley Tracks Trek

I work for a very cool newspaper that has been, for the last 3 years, putting out a compilation CD of local music, Grand Valley Tracks.

This year in conjunction with the release of the CD, they booked multiple venues and had 10 acts play. My band was one of those bands.

The show was Saturday night. You can read about it (from someone other than myself) here.

We had a great time.

I realize that I say the same thing after every show lately, but it's true. We've been having a great time playing. We've had some really high energy sets and some great crowds. Saturday's crowd was one of the best we've ever had.

At the end of the show, we had one song ready for an encore. We played that song but the crowd cheered for more. We've never left the stage really intending to be done playing only to have the crowd insist on more. It was such an amazing rush.

We had great feedback and a really good time being part of this really fun event.

Per usual, here's some photos:
KP wants you to be know that Riveter rocks ... and that she's one hot chick!

See, I told you KP was hot.

Me and KP. I was having a hair issue that night. I couldn't keep it out of my face. I eventually just went with it.

No comments: