Monday, July 24, 2006

The English Beat and more ...

My band played Friday night ... who cares?

Because the English Beat was the show and that's really what mattered.

Like I said before, they played here last January and it was a great show. I mean really great.

This time ... was exponentially better. Amazing.

They had a different keyboard player. Instead of an A-DAT machine, they had the bass player from General Public ... and that's not all (He was amazing, by the way. Laurena said he played like he knew where all the notes were.)

Their guitar player, Rick, was doing tour manager stuff (which was cool because he's super fun to hang with) because Lynval Golding from the Specials played guitar with them instead.

Here's a picture of Dave Wakeling and Lynval Golding, whom I insisted on calling Mr. Golding all night.
It was so flipping cool, I'm still beside myself.

The sound was phenomenal. The dance floor was packed as very few people were sitting during their show. The energy was great and the show amazing.

I posted a blurb on my Haute Mamas blog about taking Mar and Sean to load in the equipment before the show.

It was one of those experiences that I'll remember for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»