Thursday, July 27, 2006

Show time ... again

Yep, it's another show weekend for our little family.

Bill's band, the Wrong Impressions, is playing a big headliner show Saturday night.

Bill and I are doing some acoustic songs as a warm-up act and to bide time.

See the venue they are playing shares a wall with the local dinner theater. Right now they are featuring Fiddler on the Roof, which runs late. They can't have the rukus of a rock 'n' roll show next door until after the show is over.

So, we've worked out a couple of our favorite songs to do acoustic.

I'm going to be doing two songs by myself first. One I wrote. all. by. myself. and will eventually be a Riveter songs. The other is a Supersuckers song that Laurena and I heard Eddie Spaghetti sing solo last fall.

It's called Breaking Honey's Heart. I was able to figure out the words and chords. all. by. myself. (Yes, I am rather proud of my recent accomplishments — I mean, check me out, doing stuff. This is new for me. Go me!) It's way sad and I used to get all choked up whenever I'd try to sing it. But I've sung it so many times preparing for this show that I'm over it now (hopefully).

Then Bill's gonna join me for a couple of songs. He's gonna play the harmonica and play bass and do a little singing, as well.

I'm really looking forward to it, but ... strangely enough, I'm nervous.

I haven't gotten nervous before playing with Riveter in a long time, but the idea of being the main focus is nerve racking (which surprises me because it is, after all, how I prefer things to be ... you know, all about me).

So, here it is Thursday, the cusp of another hecktic rock 'n' roll weekend, but such is the life of a rock star (or so I pretend to be) in Grand Junction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.