Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First day for everyone

It wasn't just Margaret's first day of school yesterday, but it was mine and Bill's and Sean's, too.

I started teaching my class again. I really enjoy teaching this class and even though I've been teaching it for six years, it's always different and I always challenge myself to add fresh content every semester.

Last night went well. I hope that it bodes well for the rest of the semester.

Despite the heat, I rode my beloved Electra up to campus and I locked it on the rack in front of the building. After class, I found one of my students unlocking her Blanc et Noir Electra from the rack.

She and I had a long talk about how much we love our bikes. I said that I hesitated in riding my to campus last night because I didn't want to be all sweaty for class.

She said, "Well, you can't really get sweaty riding a cruiser."

Um, skinny girl, I can get sweaty opening a tub o' frosting.

I wrote a recap of Mar's first day over here.

No comments: