Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Slow on the uptake

Life, to me, is like a quiet forest pool, one that needs a direct hit from a big rock half-buried in the ground. You pull and you pull, but you can't get the rock out of the ground. So you give it a good kick, but you lose your balance and go skidding down the hill toward the pool. Then out comes a big Hawaiian man who was screwing his wife beside the pool because they thought it was real pretty. He tells you to get out of there, but you start faking it, like you're talking Hawaiian, and then he gets mad and chases you...
– Jack Handey


That delicious Jack Handey quote came from my iGoogle page. I love my iGoogle page.

I just customized it today, for the first time ... because I'm slow.

I used to have dictionary.com as my home page.

Gah, I can't even believe that I'm admitting that. Dictionary.com ... that's just sad.

But now I have iGoogle ... just like the other three katrillion people in the world who have been using iGoogle for about 35 years.

OK, I'm exaggerating ... a bit. But still.

Just call me Slow Girl.

No comments: