Monday, August 06, 2007

Rude awakening

I woke up early this morning. I had a bad dream; a terrible, clear-as-day, horrific dream; a nightmare.

It was awful. Too awful to retell.

As I lay there, with my heart pounding, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I keep wondering why
my subconscious would do that to me. Why are my nightmares so clear and why can I remember them so well? Was it a sign? Or just another way to torture myself?

I reached over my snoring husband, groping around to feel for Margaret's little self. I patted her back until she stirred. She was fine, sleeping in our bed, comfortable and safe.

Hours later, I'm still bothered by that vivid dream. I googled "nightmares" and clicked on this link.

I found the section on
"Precognitive Dreams, Premonitions & Warning Dreams" to be helpful in the sense that I now want to run home and wrap my daughter in buoyant bubble wrap. Thanks, Mr. Google, for making it all worse.

Stupid information. Gah.

While trying to find another, perhaps more reassuring site, I clicked on this link. It offers a place where you can post your nightmares and read other people's accounts of their nightmares ... um, yeah, no thank you.

Instead, I'm just going to pretend like the dream was intended to remind me to be more vigilant and to mind my own business and hopefully I will be able to forget I ever dreamed it.


No comments: