Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday part dos

I keep getting the feeling that if I buy more stuff, I'll feel more better.

Amazingly that does not work. Still even more amazing is the fact that I keep on hoping for some benefits from ye olde retail therapy.

Recently, I decided I needed some boots. I wanted a good pair that would be a little dressy that could go with jeans, pants and skirts. I figured this would be a great opportunity to finally get my hands on a pair of Fluevogs.

I scoured their site over the weekend, trying to find something I loved and something that Bill would agree was worth their hefty price. No luck. So I went to zappos.com and studied boot after boot and still came up with nothing.

Sunday morning, Bill and I coerced Margaret into the car for a shopping trip by allowing her to wear her Heelys — which I know are annoying for the other shoppers, but it's the only thing that keeps her even marginally entertained if we want to shop for ourselves.

While we were out, I found a pair of inexpensive boots that will suffice until I can find the boot of my dreams. They have a tall heel on them and because I've been watching way too many reruns of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway, I feel compelled to develop my own runway walk.

I find myself trying to take those big, horsey steps, bending my knee up to my navel while firmly planting my hands on my hips.

I don't think it looks very good, but it's fun. It's like marching in a one-horse parade.

No comments: