Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Now he just scares me

When I was a kid, around 11 or 12, there was no Internets and MTV only showed those same 11 Thomas Dolby videos over and over again (remember that when MTV played music videos — I'm old). So for the times when we weren't hogging up the one phone line in the house, we had to find other things to do.

For some of my girlfriends and I, that meant walking down to the local grocery and buying teen magazines, like Tiger Beat (here's the link to the 2008 incarnation), and cutting out the pictures of our favorite teen heartthrobs.

I am loathe to admit that once in my lifetime, my bedroom wall was literally covered in pictures of ... (I'm gagging just thinking about it) ... Tom Cruise.

Oh, I wish it weren't true, but it is.

And now he's a scientologist fundie, crazy, cradle-robbing nutjob. Don't believe me? Click here and watch the video.

My favorite part is where he says that only scientologists can help someone who's been in a car accident. 'the hell?

2 comments:

me said...

i totally agree. i never bought the whole "strange cult" tag until i watched the recruitment and awards ceremony videos featuring tom cruise. what a freak.

Anonymous said...

For me it was (I'm gagging too) Ralph Macchio with a little Kirt Cameron mixed in.