Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still biking it

I've always been envious of people who can ride their bikes to work. I love riding my bike, but have been too afraid of looking like a dork in my work clothes to actually do it myself.

Then I realized I always look like a dork anyway so why not just go full-on dork.

Yep, I rode my bike to work again today. It's been four days since I've driven or even ridden in a car. And I came oh-so close to biffing it scared the bejeezers out of me.

I was trying to adjust the location of my water bottle in my basket when I took both hands off the handle bars ... uh, hello stoopit, 'the hell? Luckily I have cat-like reflexes when faced with eminent road rash and I saved myself.

The wild wobble just adds to my dork allure, I'm sure.

I don't think it's going to last much longer, as it's supposed to be 95 degrees today. But whatever.

Not only have I been logging the miles on the bike, but Mar has, too. I wrote about how I spent the weekend nagging her over here.

No comments: