Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Guitars and other musically stuff

On my way home from work yesterday, I had to make a quick detour.

I had to stop at the toy store downtown to pick up some kazoos.

Yeah, I'm a kazoo-buying freak.

Or just a freak who needs kazoos. My band is going to be incorporating some red-hot kazoo action into our show Saturday ... because we rock like that.

I took this picture at practice last night.
I love guitars and would buy them obsessively, if I could afford to.

My guitars are on the right. Yeah, baby, the Firebird and the glittery pink, Rock Candy.

Laurena and I are going to be doing the dramatic guitar change at the show. We'll go from our Daisy Rock's to the 'Birds — Laurena has the Thunderbird and I've got the Firebird.

We have to coordinate these things because we are, after all, girls and girls must accessorize and be all matchy-matchy.

I'll sign off today with this quote from music writer Brian Mansfield:

“Always put yourself at the service of the song. Hits may come and go but a great song can last a long, long time. Never quit listening to new music – or old music for that matter. Never, ever dismiss a segment of the music–loving audience because you don’t like its tastes. Mean what you say but never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Love really is a burning thing. Don’t worry about your technical limitations. You don’t have to be the best, but whatever you play, play it like your life depends on it.”

No comments: