Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pizza 'n' stuff like that

Yeah, she looks happy, huh?

She's 5 and she's having Pizza Hut for dinner ... again.

Her school, like many others I'm sure, have been promoting reading through this program:

Kids read books, parents write down the books they read and at some point the kid is sent home with a coupon for free pizza from Pizza Hut.

This is her fourth one.

I'm tired of Pizza Hut. But it makes the kid smile like that so what can we do?

I've learned so much from Mar being in kindergarten.

One of the most shocking things I've learned is that gender stereotypes are still rockin' out. Fer reals.

So far this year, Bill has volunteered to do things in Mar's class three times. I've volunteered a grand total of zero times.

Yet, whenever they need parents to help in the class, they always call me. When they do call me I always tell them that I can't* do it but that Bill probably can.

If I was the person calling, begging parents to come in and play warden to unruly 5-year-olds, I'd totally be calling the parents who actually want to be called. I sure as hell wouldn't be calling the freaky-ass, dressed-head-to-toe-everyday-in-black mom who doesn't like kids all that much.

* Yeah and it's a total lie when I say that I "can't," because my boss would totally let me. It's really that I don't wanna. I mean, have you seen kindergardeners? They have runny noses and weird names. They're all dirty and loud ... I totally know because I have one.

But mine's all cool and swears 'n' stuff.

1 comment:

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Dammit, she swears? Oh yeah, she does! I read that post!

Cute blog.