Friday, April 21, 2006

Foot in mouth

As I mentioned before we had people over on our anniversary and I spent a bit of time driving around town with my friend and next-door neighbor, Jenn, running errands.

When we arrived back from one of our trips, I walked in to find that everyone was scrunched up in the living room looking uncomfortable.

When I left people were milling around the front yard, in the kitchen, downstairs, having fun ... now they were all packed in one room, not looking like they were having fun.

I stood in the middle of the room perplexed. Then I asked, "Why are we doing this?"

Then I figured it out ... music was playing.

And not just any music, but Bill's band's music.

While I was gone, Bill had corralled all the poor souls into our minuscle living room and was playing his new song for them.

First, let me say, it's a great song (really, click the link and listen for yourself ... if you haven't already been forced to, that is).

But forcing people to sit and be quiet while playing music is a totaly buzz kill in my book, but I can't blame Uber-husband. He's so excited to have a song recorded.

He was involved with the '80s punk-rock scene in San Francisco for a number of years and has been in bands but has no recordings to show for it.

All he has wanted is to have a song recorded. Now he does. So Woot! to Uber-husband.

This is a big weekend for Bill and his band. Saturday, the Wrong Impressions will be headlining their first show at the always-eclectic Quincy Bar.

It's going to be a fun night (and the best part is that I just get to kick back and enjoy hanging with the band!).

Y'all should come check it out!

1 comment:

THE PROFESSOR said...

Excellent! I want to be at the Quincy's. Cool bass playing, dudes.