Saturday, April 29, 2006

What a whiner

Yeah, just ignore me when I get all like I was in my last post. Someone needs to kick that girl — hard.

So, I had a little pain. Big deal. I got to the venue in time to get set up and change in the front seat of Laurena's truck parked on the street in broad daylight. A big shout out to the folks in Fruita who got to watch us change. Woot!

We started playing just after 6. The sun was out and it was windy. It threatened to be a cold evening.

But the crowd was polite and there was even a group of bike riders (it was the Fruita Fat Tire Festival afterall) who cheerfully rang their cowbells after each song (I really grew to like the sound of the cowbell and am hoping that there will always be at least one at every show!).

As the sun went down and the wind stopped blowing things really started to pick up. During one of our breaks, we were flooded with compliments from people digging our music.

We got really pumped. The last two hours flew in a flurry of rock 'n' roll-a-tude. The crowd really got into our music and we were playing well. But mostly we were having fun.

It's the best when everything gels.

Kelley was in perfect form, as usual. Laurena and I were jumping all over the stage and Bridgett performed one of the best trainwrecks ever at the end of "Anything, anything" it went on and on while Laurena and I crouched over our guitars milking the applause for all its worth.

Great night. Great show. Great bandmates.

I am lucky.

No comments: