Friday, April 28, 2006

Lucky? That remains to be seen

So, yesterday.

Yeah, not my favorite day. The nagging pain in my right flank flared up.

It wasn't excruciating, but painful enough to make me do something about it.

My doctor fit me yesterday afternoon and suggested what I had already been fearing ... kidney stone.

So off I went to the imaging pavilion at the local hospital here for a CT scan. (If I was feeling better, I'd find a picture of the machine I was in which included a diagram of when to hold one's breath and when to exhale as well as a little window below which said something like "Danger, retina-burning laser. Do not look here" which caused me to look there, of course.)

They didn't see anything so they sent me on my way to get my prescriptions filled.

I ran home gathered my child who had been at the neighbors (who I owe so much gratitude and various return services), changed and gathered my guitar, called the sitter and dashed off to practice a half an hour late.

So, today.

Still in pain, but masked by the lovely narcotics, I am at work worrying about getting out of here early enough to haul all my equipment out of the basement and into my truck and drive to the next town for our l-o-n-g gig tonight.

How am I feeling? Mostly tired (I actually fell asleep at my desk this morning) and still with a horrible nag drilling into my side and back.

What does the doctor say? Uh, he's not sure what's up. No stone to be found (which is fab by me really), has stumped him but he did say that it could be appendicitis. Wow. That's a relief ... except it isn't in any way.

Pray for me. Pray for me to be able to get out of here early without pissing off my boss. Pray for me to be able to actually play my guitar tonight.

No comments: