Monday, August 07, 2006

Aw! He's so sweet

Y'all can see from the guest post from Uber-husband, I've got myself a kick-ass husband.

Lookit how cute he is after a long night of drinking and carrying on:
Bill's birthday is Thursday. But it was decided that instead of just a birthday "day," we'd celebrate his birthday week.

So Saturday Mar and I baked a cake (you'll can read about my love affair with the Easy Bake Oven on my Haute Mamas blog) and planned a typical Saturday evening front-yard hang.

It turned about to be less than usual in that we met some fun new people ... normally it's the fun old people. Oh and we had cake that I made ... that's unusual.

Sunday I forced Sean to mow our lawn for free as a nice thing for his dad. He didn't seem convinced that him mowing the lawn was really the nice thing that he wanted to be doing, but I'm persistent and a bit scary, so he relented.

We spent most of the afternoon at the pool. I even got the bottom of my swim suit wet. Yes, people, I got in the pool. First time this year.

Sean had a friend over to spend the night ... or at least I'm pretty sure he did. The kid got to our house, they went into Sean's room and that was the last I saw of 'em.

I could hear giggling so I assumed they weren't dead, but you never really know with teenagers.

Bill checked on them several times and even woke them up this morning to watch Margaret while he ran an errand. But as of lunch, there was still no actual sightings of the elusive teenagers on my part. The phone has rung several times only to be answered by the giggling voices in the front bedroom.

All I care is that they aren't doing anything illegal, they aren't doing anything gross that I find out about and that they aren't making a bunch of weird teenager noise.

So far so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.