Thursday, August 24, 2006

I heart Google

So Mar had her first piano lesson yesterday. You can read about that here.

I've been running like that perverbial chicken sans cabeza and in my spare moments I've been stalking Sean's myspace page with a vengence.

I feel better after an IM conversation he and I had yesterday afternoon, but I'm still completely freaked about the whole "best way to parent a teen" thing.

Is there really a "best way" to parent a teen?

Laurena said that her kids were going to be spending all their spare time in intensive Bible study. That doesn't sound half bad.

On an unrelated but still completely uninteresting note, I did read about the phenomenon of the Google twin and now I've been stalking my Google twin.

See, you find your Google twin by Googling your own name. Then you can learn about other people with your same name or your Google twin.

This is what I know about my Google twin:

He or she (having a unisex name makes it a bit ambiguous) lives in Troutville, Virginia. (Don't say "Troutville.")

This person went to law school at Washington and Lee University. (Ohh, my Google twin could so get me out of a parking ticket.)

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (Mr. Goodcoffee?), a member of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption, has named my Google twin to represent Virginia's Sixth Sixth District at the sixth annual “Angels in Adoption” banquet, which will be held in Washington, D.C. The banquet honors one nominee from each congressional district who is making a difference in the lives of children through adoption. (My Google twin is all up in the grill of that congressman — whoa!)

And finally, my Google twin is a qualified guardian ad litem for children in district 24.

So, what have I learned? My Google twin is a way better person than I am. The Google hits that come up on me personally show that I'm in a band and I have a kid. Um, woo? Yeah.

Damn that Google twin for being all productive and contributing to society in a thoughtful and caring way.

1 comment:

Tanuki said...

Uggg - I just searched for my name on Google. It came up with a review of the brewery I used to work at (literally broke my back working there) and other old jobs where I used to live and here.

...a letter to the editor at the school newspaper at the university I worked at...oh and a website my uncle put up with pics from my grampa's funeral.

Good times.