Thursday, August 10, 2006

Birthday boy

It's Bill's birthday today.

He's ... old, but it's cool. Getting old beats the alternative.

Lookit this picture I took of him earlier this week when he had to spend two days digging out the back-flow preventor plumbing again and again on our sprinkler system until it stopped leaking.
You can tell he was really enjoying himself.

For his birthday, I got him ... a gift that he hasn't received yet so I don't want to ruin the surprise. But I can say that while it's nice, it's not nearly as nice as the bike he got me for my birthday.

He always gets ripped off when it comes to birthday presents. See, my birthday is at the beginning of the summer when we still have money from my teaching and whatnot. Bill's birthday is at the end of the summer when we're broke.

Yeah, it sucks for him, but it rocks for me, so who am I to complain.

But we are going away for the weekend to celebrate — not too far which is good because I'm not in the mood for any long-distance driving. But far away that we won't have cell-phone reception and we will have access to a gorgeous sliver of nature complete with a trout-filled stream that Mar can throw rocks in all day long.

I'm looking forward to doing a whole bunch of nothing. Bill's looking forward to doing some fishing. And Mar will most likely be looking forward to doing her typical compliment of whinning alternating with being hilariously entertaining.

Good times.

No comments: