Friday, August 04, 2006

Day off for rivetergirl — guest blogger Bill Halen


Hola Rivetergirl fans, hope to not disappoint but this is uberhusband-Bill Halen sittin' in for the day. I usually enjoy being an unemployed bum during the summer and was hesitant to write this when asked (see unemployed bum) but, decided, why not! It's not like I'm going to paint the house or anything (we are on the 3 year house painting plan).

Now I know my lovely wife usually writes about herself, it is all about her after all, huh honey, so I will continue with that tradition and write about her also only with the uberhusband slant. Rivetergirl and I have now been together 7 years and time has flown by, I'm sure you all have seen pics of wee-one our little sweetheart, who, just the other day, was telling me that she is no longer a little kid but an adult. When I tryed to convince her that she needed to slow down and that she was still a kid and had cool kid stuff yet to do, she looked at me and patted my knee and said " No dad, I'm an adult now, really." I tried to point out that she didn't even have adult teeth yet, but she was having none of it, she just retorted " It's OK dad, I go down the waterslide by myself, I'm an adult." Where she gets that determination and conviction, I don't know, huh honey.

As you know Rivetergirl plays in an all girl rock band "Riveter" who are truly Grand Junction's Sweethearts. I remember when Rob first told my they were statring the band, I was excited and totally supportive, but they have surpassed my wildest dreams for them. They work hard and are truly my favorite band ever!

Robin is absolutely the love of my life, I adore her and appreciate her sense of humor, her quick wit and her beauty. She is my soulmate and lover for life, I am definitely a blessed man! What else can I say except thanks for reading and peeking in to our lucky monkey life and as our favorite songwriter Eddie Spaghetti says: "... much too good to be true. It's in my blood and in her life, far between and way to few, but I hope it happens for you!" BH

No comments: