Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The evil stepmom

Damn, being an evil stepmother is hard work.

Mostly because I'm not sure how much or how little to get involved. My stepson is 15 and inherently a very good kid.

But lately he's been making some really stupid choices.

I see no reason to lecture him. He's smart and knows the difference between right and wrong. What he doesn't know if the difference between is up and down.

Stupid teenagers with the thinking they know shit.

Stupid adults with the thinking that they can some how prevent stupid teenagers from thinking they know shit.

It's making my blood pressure go up. I'm sure that I think I have an ulcer.

My kid's 6. I should have 7 or 8 years before I have to start tearing my hair out, but I can't just leave Sean out there to hang himself.

Lord, give me strength.

1 comment:

That One Guy said...

What??!? a musician that is a mom??

I'm a musician that is a dad. Good to find you, nice place... I'll be back.

Thanks.